Q: Reduced engine power, service traction system, traction control off on my 2006 Buick LaCrosse

asked by on August 27, 2017

Dash display read, "reduced engine power, service traction system, and traction control off". Car would not accelerate last 35-40 mph. Brought to mechanic. First time they found codes B0092 C0240 P2128 P1125. They replaced Accelerator Position Sensor. 2 weeks later same issue occurring. Can turn off car and restart and would be fine yet it will happen again at some point regardless of driving condition. Mechanic 2nd time replaced Throttle Accuator and Body Assembly. A few days later, same issues. Mechanic checked all wiring for corrosion or Misconnections. Said all was fine. They are at a loss. Now they are waiting for a third party/expert to assist. $800 in, please help.

Reduced Power light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Though there are a lot of reasons that this can occur, most of the time it is because of a voltage issue. I usually make sure that the battery cables are good and that the ignition switch is not failing. Most of the time the issue is in one of these. In some other cases it can be at the connectors of one of these sensors as this vehicle has a history for having connector issues. A full electrical system diagnostic would need to be done to find where the issue is. You need a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can come to you to [diagnose why the reduced power light is coming on] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/reduced-power-light-is-on-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr