Q: AC doesn't work, compressor still works

Hi. I have a broken AC in my car that stopped working suddenly. The compressor still works. I can hear it, but there is no air blowing out. I tried different settings but no cooling. What could be broken? How can I fix it? Thanks.

A: Hello. If there is no air blowing out of th...

Hello. If there is no air blowing out of the vents then the compressor is typically not the problem. It is common for the blower motor to fail and cause this as well as the blower resistor. Both of these are common failures. I typically use a voltage meter to test the circuit going to the blower to see if it has voltage. I then test the resistor. One of those are more than likely the issue, though it can also be the control circuit. If you plan on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your HVAC system.