Q: Installed new front calipers on my car and they keep sticking

I have a 2001 Toyota Solara, my front calipers keep sticking and causing the car to drag badly, I have replaced new all 4 brake hoses, new brake booster, master cylinder ,pad, and calipers, you can drive it around ,but seems the longer you drive it then the front calipers wont release and drag the car down and the front wheels smoke from the heat, it doesnt do it all the time but more often then not, im afraid to drive it anywhere to far. please help me and tell me how to fix this problem . if you crack the brake line at the master cylinder they will release and you can drive it again . Desperate

Check to be sure the mounting bracket (torque plate) for each caliper is not bent and that the sliding bushings/pins on the caliper/torque plate assembly are free and move easily. If you have rear drum brakes, there is a metering valve in your application. There is an internal sleeve and spring in that valve, and if those have failed, are stuck, or are weak, the valve could be keeping pressure applied to the front brakes. If you replaced the master cylinder, the push rod length has to be adjusted so that the pedal has a small amount of free play at the top of the travel.

This adjustment ensures that the pushrod is not keeping any pressure on the master cylinder. Similarly, the brake booster push rod has to be adjusted. If the pin between the brake booster and the master cylinder is too long, this will not allow the master cylinder to release completely. Typically, the distance between the push rod and the piston is set at around .020 inches, but see your factory service manual for the exact amount. Push rod depth gauges are sold for this purpose.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the brakes are acting unusually and what is necessary to get them back in proper working order.