2007 Mazda 3 manual transmission when putting get into he...

2007 Mazda 3 manual transmission when putting get into here one two four and five work three does not but once you get it into like second gear it starts to rock or jerk you back and forth kind of like almost like a bunny hop what...

2007 Mazda 3 manual transmission when putting get into here one two four and five work three does not but once you get it into like second gear it starts to rock or jerk you back and forth kind of like almost like a bunny hop what is causing it Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting? It won't go into 3rd gear at all when it shifts it's starts to jerk and won't pick up power. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda 3 yourself? What have you tried so far? I've bled the clutch so far that is all Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Not off hand

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is\*\*\*\*\* am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today please?

AlyI just purchased a 2007 Mazda 3 standard transmission car when driving the car home everything was fine put some oil in it gets going again and all the sudden I go to go into second gear and it starts jerking rocking me back and forth real hard I try to shift again into fourth gear because third gear it will not go into and it's still rocking and jerking very badly the guy I bought it from said I need to bleed the clutch also I bled the clutch that did not help at all it made it worse now it barely goes into any gear it jerks real hard and it loses power is it the clutch or the transmission
Automotive Expert
ok, my concern would be that you have an issue with both the transmission and the clutch . A clutch fault is very unlikely to cause an issue with the selection of a single gear this is more than likely a Syncro issue with the third gear. Now the vibration type issue could also be caused by an issue within the transmission but could also be the clutch. The first step would be to get the transmission out and stripped for inspection.

Ok I'm doin this at home not in a shop so does that mean I would have to tear the transmission out and tear it down to see exactly what's wrong with it
Automotive Expert
correct unfortunately there is no other option.

Okay there's no kind of computer or anything along those lines I get put it on or anything like a cheat sheet type of deal because to be honest with I only put $650 cash for the car by the time I pull the transmission paying somebody to do it getting a new transmission blah blah blah I'd be better off just to junk the car
Automotive Expert
unfortunately the issue will be mechanical and you will need to strip and inspect the gearing to trace the cause

I found out that it is not the transmission it is the fuel pump now question is can a fuel pump from a Mazda 6 be used in a Mazda 3
Automotive Expert
Ok it’s very unlikely that the fuel pump will cause an issue selecting one gear it may cause the juddering but not this . The fuel pump will need to come from the same model of car and the same engine to fit

The reason I won't shift into third gear I found out is because of a synchronizer or something I don't know but the fuel pump would definitely be what's causing the rest of it or injectors are dirty either way I have to figure it out I've had two mechanics look at it and they both agreed it's fuel injectors or fuel pump
Automotive Expert
It’s the syncro I referred to in our last chat that’s causing the third gear issue . This is an internal part inside the transmission .