Q: Worse case scenario if the electronic throttle has to be replaced about how much would it cost

asked by on February 01, 2018

How much would replacing the electronic throttle be worse case because the red lighting bolt light is on and check engine lights on and when driving feels jerky like it doesn’t want to go and want to shut off ..when it acts like it really wants to shut off the 4wd light and traction’s lights come on ..,please helpppp

The best course of action would be to have a diagnosis first since the throttle control may be limited if you are having a system or sensor failure in the drivetrain like a transfer case or transmission issue. You may not have a throttle body problem at all. A computer scan for codes will direct you to the problem.