Q: Will not shift past first gear at about 20 mph. What is causing this? 2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport V6 3.2l

asked by on December 19, 2016

Drives fine until I get to around 20mph then it begins to rev high and not shifting or gaining speed.

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello - the lack of an upshift from 1st to 2nd could be dirty, burned fluid or clogged filter, or a failed Shift Solenoid "A". Low fluid level and low electrical system voltage can also make the transmission misbehave as you are experiencing. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr