Q: I have a 2009 expedition flex fuel 5.4l 3v with the VIN's 8th digit being a 5. Will a VIN's 8th digit being a V work?

Wondering if the Ford 2009 5.4L 8th vin digit 5 is interchangeable with the 8th digit V. I have ever found both with flex fuel on ebay . The vin 5 is over $1000 more than the vin V . Thank you in advance for any info .

If you are wanting to change out the engine block, then you can for there are no numbers on the engine blocks. The only thing is different is with the electronics on the engine that works with the fuel management system. The VIN ’5’ is for a standard fuel system and the VIN ’V’ is for the flex fuel system.

3. I have a 2009 expedition flex fuel 5.4l 3v with the VIN's 8th digit being a 5. Will a VIN's 8th digit being a V work?