Q: What does the ABS Warning Light mean?

What does the ABS Warning Light mean?

The ABS Warning Light is located on the instrument panel. When there is a problem with the ABS (anti-lock brake system), or the brake assist system, the light will illuminate. As brakes are the most important safety feature on your vehicle, the car should be serviced as soon as you notice this light has come on. The brakes will operate normally while the light is on, though there will be anti lock feature.

Tip

Like all warning lights, the ABS Warning Light briefly illuminates when you turn the car on. The light is only a problem if it stays lit when the engine is turned on.