Q: Car shaking/vibrating on right side while accelerating or at a constant speed

When accelerating the vehicle will begin to shake from the right front tire. It normally occurs at 35-60 mph but not all the time. The vehicle will also shake when holding a constant speed or with cruise control on. The vibration can be felt in the gas pedal but not the steering wheel. The tires have been changed and wheel has been inspected. It only occurs every now and then. The axle on both sides were replaced and the speedometer will move 2-3 mph up and down when the vibration occurs RPM's stay the same. I work for a Chev Dealership and service can not determine the issue(s). There are no codes or check engine light on. The computer scan shows that everything is fine. Service used a special tool showing the vibration was coming from the right front wheel area. Transmission seems to be shifting fine and there are no noises when it occurs. Any ideas??? GM stated when called by service to check the speed sensor in the transmission

If there is no vibration in the steering wheel, the origin of the vibration/shaking is unlikely to be front tires, wheels, or suspension. Vibration felt through the floorboard (or gas pedal in your case) is usually due to tire imbalance, tire defects, or excessive radial force variation, on rear axle mounted tires. Contributing factors can include worn struts in the suspension. If the vibration is not detectable in the steering wheel, it could be due to defective engine mounts or imbalance in the engine, including that due to a defective harmonic balancer. If you request a vehicle vibration diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would evaluate all the possibilities and resolve this for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car shaking/vibrating on right side while accelerating or at a constant speed