Q: My car has sat for 3 years in a garage without turning over... what should be done now?

I have a 1994 Honda DelSol VTEC that has not been driven more than 50 miles in 10 years and has not been turned over for more than 3 years. It is buried in a storage garage at my house and the clutch is out and of course the battery is dead. My question is: is this long enough that special precautions should be taken to get it back on the road? Thanks!

I would definitely take a few precautions if the engine has not been started for that long. - Change the oil & filter - Change the coolant - Drain the fuel system and refill with fresh gas - Remove the spark plugs and spray a little light oil into each cylinder. - With the spark plugs removed, disconnect the ignition coil and fuel supply. Crank the engine over for 5-10 seconds. Do that 3 or 4 times to get the oil circulating up to the top end of the engine. - Reinstall the spark plugs, reconnect the ignition and fuel systems and start it up. Expect some smoke from the tail pipe and maybe a little tapping from the engine until it warms up and all the lifters have fully pressurized with oil.

3. My car has sat for 3 years in a garage without turning over... what should be done now?