Q: How to change the automatic door lock feature?

I believe the car has the feature (recently acquired the car) to have the doors lock automatically either when the car is placed in drive, or at a certain mph (either is fine by me). I'd like to know how to enable/change that feature.

I found an article on a Honda dealers website on how to program the different features for the automatic door lock features. There is no way for me to know whether your vehicle is equipped with the automatic locking features and this article does not state that it is for any certain models or years. You might give these a try and see if it works for you. If not, I would suggest contacting a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com, to take a look at the vehicle and determine whether it is equipped, and if it can be programmed.

Program doors to unlock when you turn the car off

Close the driver’s door. Put the shift lever in Park and turn the ignition into the On (II) position. While pressing the brake, move the shift lever out of Park. Press and hold the unlock side of the master locks switch for approximately 10 seconds. In that time, you will hear three clicks. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the lock (0) position.

Program doors to unlock when you shift into Park

Close the driver’s door and shift the vehicle into Park. Turn the ignition to On (II), then press and hold the unlock side of the master lock switch for approximately 10 seconds. You will hear three clicks. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program doors to lock when you reach 9 mph

Close the driver’s door and put the shifter in Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position. While pressing on the brake, move the shifter out of Park. Then, press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds until you hear two clicks. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program all doors to lock when you shift out of Park

Close the driver’s door and put the car in Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Turn off Auto Unlock

Open the driver’s door and put the shifter in Park. Turn the ignition to On (II). Press and hold the unlock side of the master lock switch for five seconds until you hear two clicks. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Turn off Auto Lock

Open the driver’s door and put the shifter in Park. Turn the ignition to On (II). Press and hold the lock side of the master lock for about five seconds until you hear two clicks. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program driver’s door to unlock when you shift into park

Close the driver’s door. Put the shift lever in Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds – you will hear two clicks. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position.

Program driver’s door to unlock when you turn the car off

Close the driver’s door. Put the shift lever n Park. Turn the ignition to the On (II) position. While pressing the brake, move the shifter out of Park. Press and hold the lock side of the master lock switch for about five seconds – you will hear two clicks. Within five seconds, turn the ignition to the Lock position

3. How to change the automatic door lock feature?