Q: Heater air is blowing out cold on the passenger side of the vehicle when the heater is on, warm on driver side 2011 Dodge Journey

When the heater is on, the air on the passenger side and in the rear is blowing out cold air, yet it blows out warm air on the driver's side. We took our vehicle to a dealership and they said it would be $600 to replace a cracked thermostat. That seems way higher than what is quoted on here. Can you help? We have a 2011 Dodge Journey. Thank you!

Hello - your "no heat" problem sounds like an ambient air temperature sensor on the passenger side with problems, or a malfunctioning air blend door inside the heater air box. I would recommend a heater inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Heater air is blowing out cold on the passenger side of the vehicle when the heater is on, warm on driver side 2011 Dodge Journey