Q: ABS sensor and changing break fluid

When changing the break fluid,do I need to disengage the abs sensors or do something else with the abs system to ensure that the breaks works properly after changing the fluid?

A: Wheel speed sensors are part of the electro...

Wheel speed sensors are part of the electronics of the anti-lock system. While they're an integral part of the brake system, they are separate from the hydraulic components of the brake system. Short of possibly having to move an ABS sensor to access the bleeder screws (which I have never encountered) on the brake calipers or wheel cylinders - if drum brake equipped - the wheel speed sensors do not have to be disconnected in order to bleed the brake hydraulics. Save for a select few "high-end luxury vehicles", performing a brake fluid flush is pretty much a straight-forward, standard procedure.

If in doubt, have a certified technician perform a brake fluid flush for you at your convenience.

Recommended services
Get a Quote