Q: Truck shaking violently at 40mph or faster.

I've had a 225/70/14 on my truck as a spare for 3 months the rest are all 215/70/14's. I've been having to drive 30miles one way to work and back the last month. The truck was wobbling a little at first but hardly. This week I pulled over 3 times on my way to work cause I thought my tire or wheel was coming off. It seemed to get really bad really fast. I don't recall hitting a curb or anything for over 2years. I'm replacing that one 225/70/14 right now. Why is ot shaking so bad?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may have happened for a few reasons, however it is quite likely that due to the difference tread size, this may have caused one or any of the tires to wear incorrectly causing an imbalance in tread pattern. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. Truck shaking violently at 40mph or faster.