Q: I have a "suspension fault" light that appear on my 2011 Range Rover sport supercharged. It goes away after I cut the truck off.

asked by on March 13, 2017

My suspension fault light come on after about 25 miles of driving. Goes off after I turn the truck off and come on again after I drive about 25 miles are so. What could it be?

The air suspension system is comprised of air struts front and rear. The air pump is located beneath the carpeting in the cargo area. The system relies on height sensors at each strut to signal the electronic control unit for the suspension to level the vehicle as needed. If any of the sensors have failed, the system will not be able to measure the vehicle height accurately. Another possibility could be the air pump itself - a common failure with the Range Rover / Land Rover lineup. All the sensors may be functioning properly and the control unit sending signals to the air pump. However, if the air pump is bad, it will not pump sufficient air pressure to level the vehicle. There is also the possibility that there is an air leak somewhere in the system, whether at one of the struts, lines to the struts, or other areas. Have a certified technician inspect the system as soon as possible. While air compressor failure is common, have the system inspected before replacing any parts at random. Replacing any components before verifying they are at fault, will turn into a more expensive route to take.