Q: Wheels not turning

The car is not drivable. When you put it into drive, it shifts into gear, but after rolling forward a couple of more feet, the car shakes badly and stops moving. When we had it towed to our house, the tow truck driver had difficulty getting it onto the flatbed because the front tires would not turn together. I have started the car on a couple of occasions, and each time, as it idles, I can detect a burning smell after about five minutes. It isn't a strong odor and I don't see any smoke.

A: Sounds like you have got some serious drive...

Sounds like you have got some serious drive line issues, is your transmission automatic or standard? Some of the problems you could be having could be burned clutch, seized pilot bearing, the final drive being locked up, or a problem tied with the brakes. I would recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, determine why your wheel is not turning.