Q: Why why does the check engine light come on but runs fine until it gets to 2500 RPMs then it stutters

asked by on October 03, 2016

I will 2004 4.7 took it to get checked when it did that I said it was misfiring change coil packs never texts engine thought it was fixed put in a 2005 Dodge still doing the same thing

Hi there. It is possible that you could have a bad camshaft or crankshaft position sensor. These sensors keep track of the timing of the engine and send signals to the vehicles PCM. If one of these sensors fails, the PCM will not know what the location of the engines major rotating parts are and therefore will go into the stutter mode. I would recommend having these sensors inspected by a qualified professional to diagnose the hesitating issue.