Q: changed thermostat and radiator, temp gauge goes to hot when sitting still mostly, then goes back down to normal temp. Happens eve

asked by on June 07, 2017

changed thermostat and radiator, temp gauge will jump up to hot and go back down to normal temp. Will even got to hot after only being started for like 2mins. Has plenty of coolant. Never did this until changed thermostat and radiator.

Car is running hotter than normal Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If you did not properly bleed the cooling system after completing these repairs, it’s more than likely that you have air bubbles inside the coolant system causing this problem. However, it could also be due to a bad electrical harness or connection to the thermostat or temp sensor on top of the radiator as well. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is running hotter than normal inspection, so they can pinpoint the source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr