Q: Transmission problems, cannot reverse

Hi. I have some issues with the transmission on my car. I had it rebuilt a couple of years ago but I didn't have any problems until recently. The problem happened suddenly without any warning. One day it just wouldn't shift to reverse, but goes into neutral instead. Also, the car would go forward when it is in park mode. What could be wrong now? I've already had it rebuilt. Please give me some advice on how to fix this. Thanks.

Hello. It sounds like the transmission that was rebuilt and installed in your vehicle has failed. Start by having a mechanic take a closer look at the issue. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can inspect your transmission and shifting problems at your home or office. Depending on what they find, the only real solution may be to have the transmission rebuilt again or to replace it with a new transmission. It is possible that the transmission you installed is out of warranty, so you might have to pay to have it rebuilt again. It might be a good idea to have the transmission rebuilt by a different shop, but the best course of action would be to have a new transmission installed into your vehicle. You may also consider a used transmission that has low mileage and a good warranty.

3. Transmission problems, cannot reverse