Q: Some lights are out on the car, while others are still on. Checked fuses and bulbs already

The headlights, and brake lights, windshield wipers are all working, but the dashboard lights, back running lights and back up lights are all not working. Checked fuses and bulbs but all look good. Originally got a new battery as the old one died and everything sprung back to life for a day or two. very confusing. Can you help?

A: Hello. From what you describe, it would app...

Hello. From what you describe, it would appear that your vehicle may possibly be experiencing wiring or connection issues. If behavior changed after the battery was installed then I would check the battery cables and electrical system grounds. Poor connection due to corroded or damaged cables may cause all sorts of electrical system malfunctions.

I would also check the vehicles wiring. It may be possible that the wiring to those lights may be damaged or worn, cutting off power to those lights. I would carefully inspect the wiring harness in the front of the vehicle, as well as any wiring that runs to the back. It is not uncommon for wiring to become worn as a result of rubbing against the chassis or a metal component, and cause electrical issues. This is more likely if the vehicle has been in some sort of accident.

As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the cause of the non-functioning lights so that this can be repaired.