Q: Vibration Under Acceleration

I'm experiencing vibration under acceleration, but only right around 60-70 MPH. The engine idles fine, and if I shift to neutral the vibration goes away, so I don't think its motor mounts. I have had the wheels checked to see if they're out of shape, had them aligned (I have a sheet showing everything is within factory spec), rotated and balanced. The vibration shakes the whole car, and gets worse when making left hand turns at highway cruising speeds. It also gets worse if I have a car full of people. I'm leaning towards the passenger CV Axle from all of the homework I've done online, but looking for your opinion. I've had two different shops look at it any nobody seems to know why its happening, but acknowledges the issue on test drive. They also say the CV boots are not torn, and they look good and tight. Help!

You may be dead on about the CV joint, the car certainly does have enough miles on it for the joint to be bad. CV’s will respond to the torque load as well as changing direction, so your analysis is good. It’s possible that one of the grooves in the joint has developed a notch that causes the vibration that you are experiencing. Since the boots are not broken, and it’s nothing obvious, sometimes the only thing to do is make an educated guess and replace the part. If you want help with this you can Contact Your Mechanic about having a technician come to your home or office and check your CV joints there on the spot They can replace them for you too.

3. Vibration Under Acceleration