Q: The car turns over but doesn't actually starts

So I've had a rattling on my vehical for awhile I've made sure I've had a oil change every 4 to 5000 miles one day I went to work, got out of work started up the vehical started to back up and then it shut off on me and wouldn't start back up again. Went through the fuel system and the ignition system and checked out to see if the head gasket was blown which it wasn't idk what else it could be.

An engine is stalling inspection will reveal the cause. When the vehicle is cold, the mixture has to be enriched in order for the engine to run initially. That enrichment signal is sent (to the fuel injectors) if the appropriate temperature sensor outputs are received at the PCM. There are other controls such as an idle air control valve that would have to be checked. It is possible you have a large vacuum leak, including that from a stuck open EGR valve, which on a cold start really throws off the air fuel ratio. It is possible the fuel pump relay is cutting out. Other possibilities include a failing crankshaft position sensor as well as problems with the ignition coil(s). There are additional possibilities and consequently the most efficient thing to do is schedule a mobile engine stall diagnostic during which a YourMechanic professional will quickly identify the root cause and then the repair can be implemented right away, too.