Q: Do i need to reset my vehicle after replacing my coolant sensor

asked by on April 05, 2017

My truck was over heatimf. The sensor popped and broke along with the belt. I replaced the belt and sensor. It idles and dies still. Runs very weak. Do i need to reset anything after i replaced the coolant sensor?

If you have a check engine light that is still on then you may need to have the computer scanned to make sure that there was no other codes or damaged from the overheating situation you had. You may need to clear the codes and see if any codes return.