Q: Car won't start. It cranks but won't start.

asked by on October 19, 2016

My husband has basically change everything under the hood but yet the car still won't start. I am thinking it is the timing chain but since the car was already serviced before we bought it, meaning the fuel pump was already changed and we know you must remove the timing chain to do that. We changed the plugs, the coils, the battery and the alternator. We had the starter checked and it is good, or so oreilly's said so. So what could be the culprit. We even changed the 02 sensors

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Just a little note, the water pump is driven by the timing chain and not the fuel pump. Your fuel pump is in the fuel tank and may be the cause of the no start. If you have a full no start diagnosis by a mechanic you may avoid replacing parts that are not the cause of the no start. The ignition system would be checked for no spark and the fuel system checked for supplying fuel pressure to the engine. Both are needed to run the engine and inspection of these systems will narrow the problem down for the cause of the no start. If you need further help having this resolved, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the no start and let you know what needs repair.