My engine heats up very quickly and steam/heat comes out ...

Q: My engine heats up very quickly and steam/heat comes out from under the hood. I think it might be a heater core hose leak.

My engine heats up very quickly and steam/heat comes out from under the hood. I think it might be a heater core hose leak.

If you think you have a coolant leak, you need to stop driving the car. Running the car while it is low on coolant can do some pretty serious engine damage in fairly short order. You can have this thing checked out conveniently though by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician out to your home or office to check out your cooling system problem and let you know what your best next steps are.