Q: Good morning Patrick, I have a 2007 Pontiac torrent. It refuses to accelerate and when u try to give full acceleration, it starts

I use a Pontiac Torrent 2007. It does not accelerate as expected and when you try to apply full acceleration it starts to overheat.

Your computer is trying to protest the motor by going into failure mode and limiting the throttle opening. The overheating is the cause of the problem. You need to have the cooling system checked to see if there are any leaks and confirm if the cooling fans working or not. You should also, try scanning the computer system to get the codes stored in memory. By doing so you’ll be able to see if the code is for the overheating. From there you can diagnose the code further and repair it as needed. Have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to you and properly diagnose your overheating issue firsthand. If you continue to drive the vehicle you may damage it by overheating it.

• Good morning Patrick, I have a 2007 Pontiac torrent. It refuses to accelerate and when u try to give full acceleration, it starts