Q: Sluggish power & oil light cam on saying that it's low. I just had the oil changed

Had oil changed and got light saying low oil. Changed intake manifold now getting code p0016 & p0017. Had cam shaft sensor replaced before intake manifold was replaced. Could check engine light now be cam shaft sensor?

Hello. If the oil level was low, then it will cause these codes (P0016 and P0017) to appear. The variable valve timing system on this vehicle is controlled with oil pressure so when the oil level is low or if the oil is the wrong weight then this malfunction will occur.

If the oil was low enough, then it can cause damage to the components of this system. I usually fill the oil to the proper level and clear the codes to see if they return. If they do, then it may be a sensor issue or a camshaft actuator issue. I have seen timing chain problems on this vehicle also that will cause this. If you are looking to have this engine problem checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the cause of the Check Engine Light and move forward with any needed repairs.

3. Sluggish power & oil light cam on saying that it's low. I just had the oil changed