Q: Brake problems on a 1996 Chevy 3500 dually

I have replaced the front pads the rear shoes and the mastercylinder and also both wheel cylinders along with new rear brake lines and I still can't get a pedal. Have went through 5 bottles of brake fuild and still nothing. What am i doing wrong.

Hi Don. There are two things that quickly come to mind. First, if the wrong master cylinder was purchased and installed or the brake booster is damaged, it can cause these problems and second, it’s more likely that a brake line is not securely fastened or there are air bubbles trapped in the system somehow. It might be helpful to retrace your installation steps or purchase a service and repair manual to make sure you didn’t forget a step. Without being there to inspect the vehicle ourselves, or witness the installation procedure, it’s hard to pinpoint a problem like this.