Q: Error code p0101 and p2177 on 2008 Volvo s60 indicate the MAD AT could there be another problem?

Failed emissions test with error code p0101 and p2177 could there be a problem other than the MAF.

Hello, thank you for writing in. Both codes relate to some kind of air leak. This may mean the MAF sensor has failed and is not capable of sending the signal for that air, or it may be an actual leak of some kind. Check all intake air-ducts, for cracked hoses, for bad connections to the MAF, a bad MAF sensor, the PCV valve, and then turn to the exhaust. The problem can be as complicated as a clogged crankcase ventilation, or an issue with turbo boost. It is typically recommended you start the diagnostics off simple, and work your way up in complexity. Check for obvious damage first, then the MAF sensor, and take it from there. For more help finding the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

I would first check for a vacuum or air intake leak. Make sure the air filter housing is positioned and closed properly. Check that all vacuum lines are connected and not leaking. If these are all in good order, then the most likely culprit may be the mass airflow sensor. Odds are that the P2177 code is a result of a bad mass airflow sensor. There is a slim chance that it could be caused by a bad oxygen sensor (sensor 1) but more than likely will be cleared if the mass airflow sensor is replaced.

3. Error code p0101 and p2177 on 2008 Volvo s60 indicate the MAD AT could there be another problem?