Q: Speed sensor p01443 code

My speed sensor doesn’t always work, and I was getting a p0500 code when I went on a drive. The sensor was working today, and I drove a while in system readiness at 58 mph for 20 minutes. The catalyst completed the oxygen sensor. But how do I find the speed sensor? I want to take it out. I can’t see it because of the catalytic converters. My speedometer always works, and I'm wondering if the speed sensor is bad or the speedometer isn't creating the voltage. What do you think? The speed sensor works sometimes. If I turn the car off then back on it will work but not all the time. Is the 300ZX sensor interchangeable with a ’96 Infiniti J30? If so what year is it interchangeable with? Then I got a p01443 code, so I disconnected the hose coming from the evap solenoid circuit hose from the throttle body. The code went away after doing this. Can you tell me the schematics for which hoses goes to the intake and where?

A: Hello. The speed sensor is located on the l...

Hello. The speed sensor is located on the left rear of the transmission. It should be accessible from the bottom of the transmission. The catalytic converters should not have to be moved in order to get to the sensor. Most likely the speedometer is not the problem if it works all the time and the P0500 diagnostic trouble code is present.

To my knowledge, the 300ZX sensor is not interchangeable with your car, but the local parts store should be able to provide you with more information about that. You might be able to find the schematic for your EVAP hoses online or by purchasing a Chilton Manual.

I suggest getting this looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose your trouble codes further and help you with the connection of the hoses. Best of luck.