Q: should I replace this alternator or get another car?? I am a senior citizen without a lot of money

asked by on September 07, 2016

okay so the radio won't work, lights are terrible, clock quit working, air conditioning hardly cool, getting harder to start car is a sunfire

Your problems do not sound related to the alternator specifically. I would not replace it unless it has been checked and confirmed to be a problem. With the number of issues you are listing, your money may be better spent in having something along the lines of a used car inspection. Whether you have it done at a local repair shop or make arrangements with a mobile technician, for a flat fee, they can inspect the vehicle and give you an idea of what is wrong with it, I would do something along those lines before I would spend money to replace a part that has not been confirmed to be the cause of any of your issues.