Q: Gears grinding in truck.

Truck's transmission grinds whenever I shift to 3rd gear.

Grinding sound from transmission Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This is a very common problem. There is a problem with the synchronizer for 3rd gear inside your transmission. The synchronizer helps the gears mesh properly when changing gears. When a synchronizer goes bad the gears cannot mesh correctly so they grind before going into gear. I would ask for help from a certified transmission mechanic to disassemble your transmission and replace the bad synchronizer for third gear so your transmission won’t grind anymore.