Q: I want to buy a used car of model 2001 Honda Civic lx. I want to know the basic problem with this type of model.

asked by on May 31, 2017

I want to buy a used car of model 2001 Honda Civic lx. I want to know the basic problem with this type of model. and what to check before buying it.

Hi there. To my knowledge, there really isn’t an "issue" with the 2001 Honda Civic that would place it in a risky purchase category. Like any other vehicle that is 15 years old, there are many things to consider when determining if a vehicle is a good one for purchase such as verifying service records, checking a Car Fax report to see if it’s been in an accident or having a professional mobile mechanic complete a pre-purchase car inspection. The inspection would allow a professional mechanic to check more than 50-individual components and systems that tend to wear out on a vehicle overtime. It will also give you an idea as to what major repairs are needed to be completed.