Q: Blown fs/asd fuse shuts down while driving

asked by on September 28, 2016

When I drive my 2004 PT Cruiser l4 2.4l turbo, the engine light flashes and I get 2 codes: P0204 and P0304. I already know what those are injector and power steering car idles fine runs great when driving it runs great then it starts to miss and it blows the fs/asd fuse for the pcm it will still run and drive, just shuts off sometimes and downshifts. Then it won't start. I opened the fuse box under hood. The fs/asd fuse was burnt and hot. I changed it, it starts and runs and drives fine. The engine light flashes and on the dash it says EE15 and BL01 and another comes up FL0007 then says done. Any solution as of why these codes come up on the dash? And why is the fuse blowing? I can't find anything online. I've been searching these codes for 8 hours and haven't came up with anything. Please tell me what BL01 and the others I listed mean. Thanks for your time, very appreciated! And I already replaced cam sensor and crank sensor. Got it a week ago and ran great until now

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Unfortunately, this is an issue that is still somewhat unresolved to the car community. I would recommend taking the car to the Dodge Chrysler dealer to interpret these codes, as these are not readily available to access in most databases. Best of luck.