Q: Front wheel is making a creaking noise

asked by on June 02, 2016

My car is making a creaking noise from the driver's side front wheel. This started in the last week. It persists when I accelerate, and even if I let the car coast. When I put on my brakes or slow down, it stops making any noise at all. I've looked at both front wheels and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Could it possibly be a ball/CV joint? Everything else about the car seems normal.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A creaking noise is going to be most likely a lower ball joint or lower control arm bushings. The noise is due to lack of lubrication and may be in the front wheel bearing also. Have the vehicle inspected by a mechanic to test these items while bouncing the vehicle and feeling the joints to see which one has a noise. A mechanic will have to hear the noise to isolate any failed parts. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can inspect the source of the noise at your home or office.