Q: check engine light is on -- ge -ot a diagnotics test from onstar -- test stated emmissions system issue whatdoes this mean

check engine light is on - got a test done through my on-star account operator stated emmissions system issue what does this mean what has to get checked

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Malibu. If they did not give you the trouble code that is stored then you are going to need to have the system tested to see if the code can be diagnosed and fixed. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, scan and diagnose the stored codes firsthand. The issue can then be addressed once the problem has been pinpointed.

3. check engine light is on -- ge -ot a diagnotics test from onstar -- test stated emmissions system issue whatdoes this mean