Q: Grinding noise under center console in 2013 nissan altima during acceleration

i am hearing loud grinding noises while accellerating from 1500 to 2000 rpms. The sound seems to come from under the center console of my vehicle.

This may suggest the transmission synchros may be wearing out. Your transmission has small gear synchronizer rings that help to move the transmission in and out of the various gears. When these begin to wear out, you may notice a grinding sound shifting in and out of gears or in some cases cause the transmission to pop out of gear. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your transmission.

3. Grinding noise under center console in 2013 nissan altima during acceleration