Q: What conditions affect the operation of the Intelligent Key?

What conditions affect the operation of the Intelligent Key?

Your car’s Intelligent Key offers a very wide range of functionality. However, it works on radio waves. As such, there are plenty of different factors that can affect its operation. Understanding these can help you troubleshoot problems.

1. Strong radio waves can affect the operation of your Intelligent Key.

2. Holding a cell phone or CB radio can affect the key.

3. Contact with metal can affect the key’s operation.

4. Other radio wave enabled remotes nearby may affect how the key operates.

5. Having an electronic device nearby can affect the key (a laptop, for instance).

6. Nearby electronic parking meters may affect the key.

7. A low or dead battery will affect the performance of the key (batteries should last about two years).