Q: EPS 2011 Acura TSX

I am having an issue with my EPS system. The light infrequently comes on and the steering becomes difficult to steer. Is there a way to check the EPS system? are there fluids? Being "electronic" I wouldn't think so but not sure. If the system need to be replaced do you have an idea of cost? Is it possible to replace by DIY? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

The problem you are experiencing with your electronic power steering system sounds like the issue may have to do with a failing motor or another electronic component of the system. When problems arise, the system is turned off which reverts the vehicle to manual steering which can be difficult to steer if you are used to power steering. This system is best serviced at the dealer as new units are hard to find outside of the dealership. If you would rather have an independent technician have a look, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your steering system and guide you towards the correct repair.