Q: Car runs hot

After a belt popped, the car started running hot, and the steering wheel locked.

On some of these engines, the idler, or tensioner pulley, tends to go bad and throws the belt. However, it could be that your belt just broke from age and wear, or another problem caused the belt to break or be thrown off. In any case, I recommend having an experienced mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your popped belt, run a diagnosis on the cause of your car running hot and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Car runs hot