I have a 2008 Honda Civic. 3 days ago I was driving and i...

I have a 2008 Honda Civic. 3 days ago I was driving and it was fine. After I shut off the engine I tried to start it again and it wouldn't crank, but lights and dash come on. I replaced the battery and the same thing happens. Also...

I have a 2008 Honda Civic. 3 days ago I was driving and it was fine. After I shut off the engine I tried to start it again and it wouldn't crank, but lights and dash come on. I replaced the battery and the same thing happens. Also it seems like something was draining the battery overnight as well

Automotive Expert
Hi, I'm Steve . Welcome to JustAnswer. Sorry you are having this problem I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily. You will see an option to receive a phone call prompted by the website, you can agree to or decline. If you do not wish to use the Phone Service, we can continue chatting this way back and forth until you are satisfied with my help. Who Am I speaking with today ?

Thank you. Brandon
Automotive Expert
Welcome brandon. Im sorry this happened today. We see the starter motors fail in these and act like this in these quite often. Try jump starting the car and if it still wont start have the starter checked. The starters will short and drain the battery when they fail as well Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I heard I can bang on the starter to test it?
Automotive Expert
Yes you can but on this model it is under the intake manifold behind the engine.It is almost impossible to get at without removing the splash shield . If you can get at it then banging on it will usually get it to work a time or 2 . We just push them into the shop and put them on a lift to hit the starters . If you put a jumper on it and try repeatedly a bunch of times in a row to start it sometimes it will go but its not a sure thing.