Q: Rear end squeaking noise

There is a squeaking noise coming from the rear end of my truck. I was wondering if the worn axle bearings could be making it. What do you think? If not, what might be worn out on my vehicle?

Hello. It is possible that the axle bearings are causing the squeaking noise that you hear, but axle bearings usually make a roaring or humming noise. Another possibility is that the rear brakes are low and causing a squeaking noise while driving. There also could be a problem with the rear differential itself. The gears in the differential could be rubbing metal to metal, or it is possible that a part of the differential has come apart and is causing a noise. I would suggest that you have the rear brakes and differential inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who will be able to pinpoint why your car is making the squeaking noise.