Q: What causes the engine to run rough and the engine to die when the accelerator is pressed?

Okay I have a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado it's a LS Edition with a 5.3 leader V8 and when I start the engine it runs extremely in a low idle and it wants to die and when I hit the accelerator it does not do anything but hesitate I just wanted to know if you could help me out on diagnosing this further down to where I need to be I replace the crank position sensor and I replace the throttle position sensor the mass airflow sensor the fuel pressure regulator cleaned the injectors replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump and I still can't get it running can you please help me thank you

A: Hello. You have covered most of the common ...

Hello. You have covered most of the common parts that fail with the exception of the idle air control valve/module. This is a unit that works similarly to the mass air flow sensor as it regulates the air intake into the throttle body at idle or low speeds as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working properly, this can cause the motor to starve or be flooded with too much fuel depending on its condition. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the rough idle and replace the idle control valve if necessary.