Q: Odd smell

My car is not getting up to speed easily, and there is an odd smell coming from the car.

Hi there. There can be a few things wrong with your car. One issue can be that your vehicle is not receiving the proper amount of fuel pressure to the engine causing it to starve of fuel. Another issue can be that your vehicle is not igniting all the fuel being delivered causing a lack of power. Lastly, your vehicle may be experiencing a timing issue due to a worn timing belt. The timing belt is used to synchronize your crankshaft with your camshaft. If the timing is offset it will cause a lack of acceleration in your vehicle. I’d suggest having a certified mechanic sent by YourMechanic come to your residence and inspect the smell to make the necessary repairs.