Q: bunch of lights on dash coming on at once

as i was driving i had just left my house 2 minutes earlier, i had turned right at a corner and my check engine light came on, i thought nothing of it at the time because it had been coming on and going away alot in the past few weeks, but then 20 seconds later my battery light signaling bad alternator comes on out of nowhere so i pull into a gas station shut off my car turn it back and its still there, so i decide to cancel my plans and head home but when i started driving my ebrake light came on and stayed on too even though my ebrake wasn't engaged, i reeally refuse to believe its my alternator and brake fluid though since they all came on within 3 mins of each other, if you have any wisdom please help me out. Thanks

It seems like your have at least an alternator problem, but electrical tests will need to be performed to determine if its bad. Typically a battery light indicates that the charging system is not operational. This could be due to a bad alternator, faulty wiring, bad connections, etc. The brake light comes on for more than one reason. For example the light could be on because the e-brake switch is activated, or also when the vehicle is low on brake fluid. It is possible that both lights coming on within a few minutes is a coincidence. A quick look at the brake reservoir may help identify the brake light issue. If you need help with your vehicle, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your Check Engine Light further and help you fix it accordingly.