Q: Hi Richard, I would like to check with you how much the labor would cost for changing 05 BMW X5 engine? Thanks.

My current engine was damaged because of overheat which caused by coolant leaking. So i need to change the engine. So I would like to check the price for engine + labor. Thank you!

The remove and replace labor time depends on the sub-model. The range is roughly 20 to 30 hours. As far as the parts cost, that depends on whether you want a brand new engine, a rebuilt engine, a used engine, or you want your existing engine rebuilt. Also, it would have to be determined whether related parts such as belts, the water pump and so forth are re-usable. If not, that adds to the cost. Engine replacement is not a standard YourMechanic offering although most YourMechanic staff are fully qualified to perform engine and transmission replacements and indeed perform complete rebuilds. Some YourMechanic professionals in certain locales would be willing to take on the project and you can simply inquire as to availability based on your locale. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi Richard, I would like to check with you how much the labor would cost for changing 05 BMW X5 engine? Thanks.