Q: where is the oil filter located on this engine?

Where is the oil filter located on the 4 cylinder model?

A: You will find it on the passenger side rear...

You will find it on the passenger side rear of the engine. It's a little tough to get to unless on a vehicle lift.

Q: Won't start after being read with a Genesis Touch reader

I know these two things happened simultaneously but they may not be connected. Check your fuses for your fuel pump. It's turning over which is good, it just sounds like you aren't getting fuel. You could have a bad...

Q: Fuel pump replacement

Hello Kyle. It sounds like the electric pump is getting hot and malfunctioning. I would either replace it with the same pump or go back to the mechanical pump. I prefer the use the mechanical pump on this 1981 Toyota...

Q: when shifting gears release clutch feel like it's still engaged

This is a symptom of a slipping clutch disc. You should have a mechanic verify the clutch linkage is not binding and quote the replacement clutch.