Q: where is the oil filter located on this engine?

Where is the oil filter located on the 4 cylinder model?

You will find it on the passenger side rear of the engine. It’s a little tough to get to unless on a vehicle lift.

3. where is the oil filter located on this engine?

Q: Squealing noise during acceleration

Hello there. Thanks for writing in about your 1981 Chevrolet El Camino. A few common faults could cause this type of squealing. The most likely would be a fan clutch, V-belt, alternator, or a water pump. Your best bet in...

Q: Gas tank release doesn't work

First, we must determine which type of system is used. I believe that yours involves a mechanical latch. The gas tank release utilizes a cable mechanism that may have become stretched. A stretched cable cannot offer the same amount of...

Q: Replaced a fuel module but the fuel gauge still reads empty when I know I have a full tank.

This may be related to the fuel sending unit in the fuel tank. Your fuel tank has a float type unit that sits inside of it which monitors the fuel level in the tank and transmits this information to the...