Q: 2008 Ford Focus, won't go in reverse.

I have a 2008 ford focus that will not go into Reverse but all other gears work fine. No check engine light on, fluid is okay. No noise.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to ...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. You may have a reverse clutch band is not getting actuated or is slipping. I suggest you have the transmission pressures checked by a transmission mechanic to see if the reverse band and clutch are being actuated. The transmission may need to have a solenoid replaced or a transmission overhaul to replace clutches and reverse drum band.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.