Q: 2008 Ford Focus, won't go in reverse.

asked by on September 29, 2016

I have a 2008 ford focus that will not go into Reverse but all other gears work fine. No check engine light on, fluid is okay. No noise.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. You may have a reverse clutch band is not getting actuated or is slipping. I suggest you have the transmission pressures checked by a transmission mechanic to see if the reverse band and clutch are being actuated. The transmission may need to have a solenoid replaced or a transmission overhaul to replace clutches and reverse drum band.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.