Q: leaking brake fluid

I am loosing fluid from the right rear drum. replaced cylinder, still leaks. the fluid is coming from bottom of drum not cylinder. Other possibilities?

A: The first thing to check is to see if you a...

The first thing to check is to see if you are getting low on brake fluid? The only two possible leaks that it can be where fluid comes out of the brake drum will be brake fluid or rear axle fluid leaking. The rear axle seal will seal the axle with a rubber seal that holds in the rear axle lubricant. If you are not loosing brake fluid and the brake pedal is good and firm then the axle seal is most likely bad. If you are loosing brake fluid then the leak can only be the brake wheel cylinder is leaking. Once one or the other leak is identified then replace the rear axle seal or replace the brake wheel cylinder.