Q: Hello I have a Chevy cavalier 2.2 L and I have a gas leak from my fuel filter to my fuel pump Line I have changed my Oring

asked by on December 19, 2017

I have a Chevy cavalier 2.2 L and it is leaking gas from my fuel filter to my fuel pump I have changed my Oring but it is still leaking

Hi Devonte. Thanks for the question tonight. In most cases, when an O-ring is suspected of being the source of a fuel leak, it’s replaced but the leak exists still there are three reasons why. First, the o-ring may have been installed backward (if it’s a directional fit which I believe 2001 GM’s are), the filter is not tightened correctly, or a crack exists in the fuel line of the filter housing. I would recommend double checking the O-ring to ensure it’s installed correctly and not pinched, and determine the precise source of the leak. If you need help with this diagnosis at your location, we’d be happy to help